Welcome to the second installment of my series of 2011/2012 Holiday Gift Guides! Today’s topic is stylish gifts for young women on a budget.
Why am I writing about being cheap? Well, I’m 23 years old. And the majority of my friends are around 23, give or take a few years. What do all of us early to mid twenty-something’s have in common? We’re all broke.
Most of us are on entry-level salaries, paying bills and having to buy our own food for the first time in our lives. (Many of us are also paying off loans taken out for school.)
So when buy birthday or holiday gifts for our friends, although chosen with love, they’re usually fairly inexpensive.
If you’re looking for more gift ideas, don’t forget to check out last week’s gift guide…
1. Fun, seasonal nail polish. For example, SEPHORA by O.P.I. Glitter Polish. $28 for the four-piece set pictured below. Or choose from their plethora of colors and create your own combination of polishes at $9.50 each. (The “Only Gold for Me” color is my favorite, as seen recently here and last year here.)
2. Touch-screen compatible gloves. Macy’s carries these Wool Blend Echo Touch Gloves in an array of colors for $23.99 per set (on sale!) Touch-screen gloves will allow your friend to use her touch-screen phone or tablet while keeping her hands toasty warm and looking fabulously chic at the same time.
3. Wine glasses and wine saver set. Set of four matching wide-rimmed red wine glasses (sold separately – $3.95 each from Crate & Barrel) and a Vacuvin Wine Saver for $18.95 at Crate & Barrel (not pictured below). This comes out to a grand total of $34.75. Chances are, your BFF doesn’t have a matching set of wine glasses, so this will be a nice gift for her. And it’s also likely that she isn’t finishing too many bottles of wine by her self – hence the Wine Saver.
4. Clothing with special details. For example, this t-shirt with leather detailing from Zara is only $29.90.
5. Funky scarf. This geometric polka dot scarf from Forever 21 is an outfit maker, for only $8.90. (I love to buy scarves from Forever 21 because they carry such a great selection of styles at super reasonable prices!)
6. Statement jewelry. Baublebar.com is hands down my favorite shopping spot for affordable statement jewelry. Below are two pieces under $35 that stood out to me (I couldn’t choose between the two!). Check out Baublebar.com for more ideas.
7. Trendy shoes. These faux-leather ankle boots from Old Navy are totally on trend, super adorable, and on sale for only $22.99! You friend will love ‘em.
Happy Shopping! Don’t forget to check back next Thursday Dec. 15th for the next installment in my gift giving series, “5 Gifts for the Designer-Clad Fashionista.”