I’m off to San Diego this afternoon for a girls weekend! Because our travel arrangements are a little complicated this time (involving planes, trains, cabs and friends *hopefully* giving us a ride), I made sure that my carryon is fully stocked up on the necessities so that I’ll be comfortable and my friends can rely on me too.
In My Lo & Sons Carryon:
1) The latest issue of Glamour Magazine, because it’s a staple (I was also selected as a Glambassador for 2012 – but more on that later!)
2) Kindle, because I’ve been meaning to read the Steve Jobs biography for months
3) Dove deodorant, because California is hotter than Oregon
4) Inflatable neck pillow, because it’s seriously a life saver
5) Mineral Veil with SPF, because it will protect you from UV rays AND absorb oil
6) My favorite tinted lip balm, because it makes me feel pretty
7) Travel tissue, because it’s allergy season
8) Advil, because flying gives me headaches
9) Wisp disposable toothbrushes, because they’re great for quickly freshening up
10) Scarf, because I get chilly on airplanes
11) (not pictured) iPhone & charger, because if I get stranded, I’ll want access to a phone
12) (not pictured) Ear buds, because I may listen to music
13) (not pictured) My DSLR & charger, because I plan to document this trip
14) (not pictured) Gum, because it helps my ears stay clear on planes
15) (not pictured) Wallet, because… okay this doesn’t need an explination
16) (not pictured) Business cards for my blog & for my work, because you never know who you might meet
… Needless to say, it’s a pretty stuffed bag.
On a less Type A note, I feel like preparing for a trip is always half the fun! It gives you an excuse to pamper yourself a little and do some shopping (as if I need another excuse to shop, right?) I didn’t really buy clothes specifically for this vacation (with the exception of these sandals), but I did purchase a few things, beauty wise, to prepare.
I got my eyebrows done last week, I got a manicure and pedicure on Tuesday, and I got air brush tanned yesterday (because any tanning that involves UV rays is a big no no!) When I can afford it, those are the rituals I try to partake in, in preparation for any vacation.
Do you do have any vacation rituals you always do to prepare yourself, or am I just totally neurotic?